Are you about to obtain your bachelor’s degree in engineering and planning to pursue graduate studies in September 2017?
You may be eligible to win $30,000 for your graduate program. The Polytechnique Montréal Order of the White Rose scholarship seeks to call attention to the entirety of the work accomplished by a student during her undergraduate studies. The $30,000 scholarship is aimed at rewarding her for her outstanding commitment and, in so doing, to call attention to the important role of women in the field of engineering.
The scholarship was created to mark the 25th anniversary of commemoration of the Polytechnique Montreal tragedy in December 6th, 1989, and to pay tribute to the victims, their families, the wounded, as well as the faculty members, employees and students who were forever affected by this event. This $30,000 annual and non-renewable Canada-wide scholarship is for a female engineering student who wishes to enroll in graduate studies in engineering at the institution of her choice, in Canada or elsewhere in the world.
In order to be eligible for the $30,000 scholarship, you must:
- Be a female student interested in pursuing graduate studies in Engineering (Unfortunately, this award does not apply to Master’s Engineering students who are going to pursue a PhD)
- Be enrolled in a graduate studies program as of September 1st, 2017 (or before)
- Graduate from Engineering at York (in order for Lassonde to support you)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
How to apply
The deadline for all applications is July 5, 2017. The application package must include:
- Identification form (Click here)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Your curriculum vitae
- Detailed description of achievements and social engagements (max. 2 pages)
- Most recent transcript
- Proof of enrolment in a graduate studies program (master’s or PhD), when available
- Letter supporting the application written by someone in authority (professor, department, director, etc.)
The complete application package can be submitted to Christina Corre (Christina.corre@lassonde.
Only one scholarship is awarded annually. Once submitted, the cross-Canada Order of White Rose jury members will then evaluate the application portfolios in order to choose the final winner. The winner’s name will be announced in December 2017. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Christina at email@example.com