To facilitate and encourage continuous learning and education, the Canadian Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (CPCI) is pleased to offer an annual scholarship program for undergraduate students interested in the field of precast or prestressed concrete.
One $1,500 (CDN) scholarship is available through each of the six CPCI Regional Chapters (British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba/Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Maritimes) for Engineering or Technology students. The winning students in each region will also be paired with a precaster in their geographic area to learn more about precast and prestressed concrete, precast operations, and opportunities in the industry.
All students that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Currently enrolled in a third year bachelor’s program, in Engineering (all disciplines qualify), at an accredited Canadian university, proceeding in good standing into fourth year, by the summer of 2019 or;
- Currently enrolled in their final year of a Technology program (all disciplines qualify) at an accredited Canadian college.
- Must be a full-time student during the entire scholarship year.
- Preferred applicants will demonstrate an interest in reinforced and prestressed concrete design and an interest in the precast concrete industry.
1. All applicants must apply for CPCI student membership, please visit http://www.cpci.ca/en/members/student_members/ to apply online. There is no charge for CPCI student membership.
2. All applicants must have at least ONE Statement of Appraisal submitted on their behalf (see Statement of Appraisal details here).
3. Students must submit an official transcript of their studies to date along with the application form.
4. All applicants must complete the CPCI Student Scholarship Program Application form ( English or French).