Esri Inc is running the Esri Young Scholars Award program again this year, in cooperation with its international distributors.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Need to have used Esri technology to complete a project or conduct interesting research.
- Must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university in Canada or have graduated within the current academic year (i.e., post-September 2018)
The award includes:
- Registration at the Esri User Conference (July 8-12) and Education Summit @ Esri UC (July 6-9) in San Diego.
- Per diem and hotel costs during the winner's stay in San Diego.
- Transportation costs from student's place of residence to and from San Diego.
Winners participate in:
- Facebook group for Young Scholars.
- Social event to meet other Young Scholars in San Diego.
- Poster display in Special Displays section in the UC Map Gallery.
- Special Achievement in GIS Award Ceremony to receive the Young Scholar award and meet Jack Dangermond.
As an added bonus, an ArcGIS for Personal Use license will be donated to all Young Scholar winners.
In addition to the overall winner, Esri Canada will reward the best entrant at each academic level (college, undergrad, Masters, PhD). The top posters will be displayed at some of the Esri Canada User Conferences as well as at the GIS in Education and Research Conference in the fall.
Please see the attached document for submission requirements and additional information. The deadline for submission is Friday, March 22, 5 pm ET. Applications must be submitted via the online form at https://scholars.esri.ca/eys-