Community Programming Funding Policy
A student club/organization can seek funding for up to three (3) social events from May to April in a given year. All other events will be determined based on availability of funds and established priority. After the event, please attach all original receipts. This should be within two weeks after the event has occurred. You will only be reimbursed after the event has occurred and you have submitted all documents listed.
Priorities for the Community Programming Fund will be:
- Activities or projects to enhance the Lassonde student experience through: social, cultural, recreational, educational and/or sustainability means.
- Activities or events that benefit Lassonde School of Engineering students through collaborative partnerships.
- Activities or events supporting new students’ transition to the school, with a priority placed on the first 4-6 weeks of each semester.
You must submit this funding application for PRE-APPROVAL -- especially if your participation is contingent on the funding from the Lassonde School of Engineering. Funding requests should be submitted at least four (4) weeks prior to the event/activity. You will only be reimbursed after the community programming opportunity has occurred and you have submitted all required documentation.
Before submitting a funding application please carefully read through the Community Programming Funding Policy
What we DO fund:
- Space and technical fees
- Appropriate entertainment (e.g. guest speaker) - description of the entertainment must be included in your application
What we DO NOT fund:
- Requests for the purpose of making direct donations (e.g. taking the money received and donating it in another form such as food or clothing).
- Requests from organizations whose operations do not appear sustainable (e.g. if the club’s expenses consistently exceed its revenue).
- Requests with an incomplete or otherwise unsatisfactory application.
- Requests from organizations which are not Lassonde affiliated clubs.
- Activities that could otherwise be funded through our other programs will not be considered for Community Programming funding.
- Requests which contain questionable expenses such as excessive food, club clothing,
- Staffing costs, alcohol, luxury items, or items restricted by Lassonde/York University policy.
Conditions for Successful Applicants
- At the end of the event, all successful applicants are required to submit a summary statement describing the impact of the funding and the outcomes of their activities based on the three priorities outlined above. In addition, you may be required to report on some or all of the descriptions you have provided on this form. Please keep a copy for your reference.
- All promotional and/or marketing materials should recognize the support of Lassonde School of Engineering.
- The student group charter (if applicable) must be made available to the Lassonde Student Funding Committee upon request.
Confirmation of official club status in order to receive club funding is determined using the Student Community & Leadership Development list.
Required Documents (Pre-Approval )
- Application Form
- Letter explaining purpose and use of funding
- Attach your organization’s operating budget for the year or for this event with detailed notes for anything relevant to this application.
- Any additional supporting documents (e.g. entertainment description, estimates from vendors).
Section 3. The applicant should provide the Funding Committee a better perspective of their finances. It should include detailed notes and as much information as possible to aid the funding committee in their evaluation. Be specific and precise to avoid any discrepancies. For example, if you have a substantial expense for an Event, clearly state the breakdown and any relevant information. If you are requesting twice as much funding for the event this year as you received last year, explain what factors contribute to this projected increase in the expenses). Include other sources of funding (for e.g. other funding applications, fundraising events) too.
Required Documents (Post-Approval within two weeks from the date of the activity)
- Copy of approval letter from the Funding Committee.
- Complete a Claim Reimbursement Form.
- Summary statement as per Condition 1.
- Attach the budget for the event with all original expense receipts.
- Any additional documents (e.g. endorsements, other secured funding).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org