Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Software Engineering
Do you love research and teaching? Do you want to work in a dynamic, team-oriented and progressive environment? Then you should join us at York University's Lassonde School of Engineering in Toronto, Canada. Our Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department encourages you to apply for a tenure-stream position in Software Engineering. You have proven strong research capability in one or more areas such as:
- Cyber-physical systems;
- DevOps and release engineering;
- Empirical software engineering;
- High integrity software systems and industrial strength formal methods;
- Human aspects of software engineering;
- Model-driven software engineering;
- Program analysis;
- Software engineering for the Internet of Things;
- Software engineering of secure systems;
- Software engineering requirements;
- Software validation and verification;
We will also consider exceptional applicants in other areas of Software Engineering.
The rank is at the level of Assistant Professor and you must have a PhD in Software Engineering or closely related field. Starting date is July 1, 2019.
You will receive start-up funding, and a reduced teaching load in the first year. We are a creative and forward-thinking school, building a diverse faculty who can mentor our diverse student body. We support our new faculty in innovative ways. As a new faculty member, you will:
- demonstrate excellence, or promise of excellence, in teaching and scholarly research;
- teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels of our Software Engineering program;
- engage in curricular scholarship and innovation;
- develop a unique, externally funded research program;
- supervise graduate students;
- be eligible to join our Faculty of Graduate Studies;
- participate in new or existing partnerships with industry and/or other public institutions;
- demonstrate leadership or potential for leadership, and;
- be licensed or successfully seek licensure as a Professional Engineer soon after joining us.
Established in 2012, the Lassonde School of Engineering, York University offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs in engineering, computer science and earth and atmospheric science. We have created a culture where tomorrow’s professionals are becoming Renaissance Engineers™ – multidisciplinary problem solvers, critical thinkers, leaders and entrepreneurs who understand creativity, communications, social responsibility, and cultural diversity. We seek committed faculty who can contribute to our innovative approaches to incorporating research in the curriculum, experiential education, technology enhanced learning and other pedagogical innovations. Further information is available at http://lassonde.yorku.ca/
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at York University is one of the leading academic and research departments in Canada with more than 55 research-active faculty members, offering a range of undergraduate programs in Computer Science, Digital Media, Computer Security, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Software Engineering, as well as research intensive MSc, MASc and PhD degrees.
For further information about the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science please visit http://eecs.lassonde.yorku.ca.
You should complete the online application process at http://lassonde.fluidreview.com. Include a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, statement of contribution to research, teaching, and curriculum development, three sample research publications, as well as the names and contact information for three references. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2018.
All York University positions are subject to budgetary approval. York University is an Affirmative Action (AA) employer and strongly values diversity, including gender and sexual diversity, within its community. The AA Program, which applies to Aboriginal people, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and women, can be found at www.yorku.ca/acadjobs or by calling the AA line at 416-736-5713. Applicants wishing to self-identify can do so by downloading, completing and submitting the forms found at: http://acadjobs.info.yorku.ca/. Please select the Affirmative Action tab under which forms pertaining to Citizenship and AA can be found. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and Indigenous peoples in Canada will be given priority.