Value: Up to $200,000 per contract
Duration: 6 months
Submission to Lassonde for review - May 24
Submission to ORS (Obligatory) - June 4
Submission to agency - June 7
Please contact Christina Corre as soon as possible if you intend to apply.
Successful projects will have the chance to participate in subsequent competitions for additional funding.
Are you an innovator? Regardless if you are working from your home, an academic in a university lab or a scientist in a small or a major corporation, the Innovation for Defence, Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program is looking for your solutions to help resolve defence and security challenges.This is your opportunity to showcase your innovative ideas!
In April 2018, IDEaS launched its inaugural public Call for Proposals (CFP). This Competitive Projects (CFP) is now open with 16 defence and security challenges in many domains. Check the challenges* today and see where your ideas may be part of the solution!
Additional opportunities** will be announced regularly toward solving Canada’s toughest defence and security problems.
- Theme one: People and Enhanced Human Performance
- Understanding and addressing post-traumatic stress disorder
- Recruit, retain, and reach 25% representation of women by 2026
- Cognitive performance enhancement
- Predicting and optimizing personnel performance
- Human performance in extreme climatic environments
- Lightweight ballistic protection
- Collaboration of robotic systems
- Theme two: Anticipate Threat
- Theme Three: Adapt to a Changing Environment
The anticipated challenges to be announced in Spring 2018 are:
- Application of Advanced Materials
- Autonomous Systems
The anticipated challenges to be announced in Summer 2018 are:
- Structural Collapse and Debris Modelling & Prediction
- Full Motion Video Compression
- Position, Navigation and Timing Tracking Independent of Global Positioning Systems
- Persistent Maritime Surveillance Power Self-Sufficient and Connected