Value: Up to $500,000 (including partner contributions)
Duration: 3 years
Deadline: Fall 2018 - date TBA
Contact the business development manager below as soon as possible if you intend to apply.
- Public-private partnership program that will promote the adoption of genomics-based technologies, tools and services within the Ontario AAF sector;
- Demonstrate to industry in the AAF sector that genomics-based innovations are ready for implementation;
- Bridge the gap between applied research and implementation.
Key Parameters of the Program:
- Maximum project size: $500,000;
- Co-funding: 1/3 investment from Genome Canada, 1/3 investment from Agricultural Adaptation Council and 1/3 of other applicant-identified co-funding;
- Project Stage: PoC-stage projects with clear implementation plan;
- Project Term: 3-year funded PoC and implementation within 2 years thereafter.
- Proposals will be sought from the Ontario AAF sector;
- Proposals must be co-led by an Ontario based company or not-for-profit organization (the “Receptor”) and a researcher at an eligible institution in Ontario;
- Research supporting the proposal will need to be sufficiently advanced to enable, for example, field trials and/or validation experiments;
- Utilize a genomic sciences-derived tool, product or process;
- Address a suggested priority area identified in Genomics for Agriculture & Agri-Food: Ontario’s Strategic Opportunity;
- Projects must clearly define their implementation plan and timeline appropriate to project deliverables.
Submissions due in Fall 2018. Precise program details and timelines to be published here as soon as they become available.
Kelly Hunter, Research and Business Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.673.6562