Below Lassonde instructors will find information, instructions and forms they may find useful during the labour disruption at the university.
- How to Access the Course Messaging Sheets via SIS Reports – All Faculty & Staff can view the messaging students are seeing for each course meet and they can do so using their Passport York credentials. (Remember students enter using my.yorku.ca)
- Process around concerns in maintaining academic integrity in a course - use the Course Interruption Form.
- Information regarding the Declarations process for CUPE members and consultation between Chairs & the Dean’s Office.
Lecture Capture Instructions
- Lecture Capture Accounts are available and already enabled for all Lassonde faculty. Use your Passport York (PPY) to access the Lecture Capture Software - https://camtasia.uit.yorku.ca.
- Zoom Web Video Conferencing Pro Accounts are available upon request from UIT. These are like standard Zoom accounts but enable ONE to MANY and UNLIMITED Time Video Conferencing and recording.
- Simplified Moodle course pages for Lassonde are available in YorkU Moodle and provide an option for communicating with your classes including storage of captured lectures. Please contact UIT helpdesk for assignment of a page for your course.
To provide alternative access to course materials for students who choose not to cross the picket lines or are delayed due to pickets we have created a resource guide with information on lecture capture.
Please see the documents below flor detailed instructions
In addition to this resource there will be daily lunch and learn sessions at the Bergeron Centre in Room 213 for faculty members who need further training on lecture-capture technology.
See below for dates and times.
- Monday, March 12 at 11:00am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday, March 13 at 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday, March 14 at 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, March 15 at 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Friday, March 16 at 11:30am – 12:30pm
Additional sessions will be added as needed.
Please contact Muhammad Javeed, Director of Information Technology with any questions.