Mitacs and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) have partnered to offer the RISE-Globalink Research Internship (RISE-GRI), which offers undergraduate students at Canadian universities the opportunity to undertake research at eligible German institutions.
RISE-GRI pairs Canadian students with three-month projects supervised by PhD students in Germany.
- Open to full-time undergraduates in biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences, or engineering (or a closely related field) who have completed at least two years of a four- or five-year program
- Students in Quebec enrolled in a three-year undergraduate degree must have completed at least one year of their university program
- Applications accepted until December 15, 2018. Students must apply through the RISE application portal.
- Competitive opportunity — only top-ranked students are matched with projects
- Projects must start between May 15 and July 9, 2019
- Approved recipients receive $6,000 toward travel and accommodations
For questions about the application procedure, matching process, and internship placement, please contact email@example.com. For any questions regarding the funding, please contact Mitacs International at firstname.lastname@example.org.