SUMMER 2019 - NEW ADMITS
Welcome New Lassondians!
We hope you are as excited as we are to kick-off your first year at the Lassonde School of Engineering!
Have you accepted your offer? You can do so here.
Your next step is to book a new student enrolment appointment. We'll have new student appointments available for booking soon! Check your MyFile account regularly for appointment slots to appear!
- If you live locally, you'll participate in an in-person enrolment appointment.
- If you don't live nearby, you'll receive an enrolment advising package via e-mail containing a step-by-step guide to enrolling in your courses.
Where to go and when:
- If you have booked an in-person New Student Enrolment Advising appointment, review your MyFile account for the date, time, and location details of your appointment.
- If you have booked a "New Student Enrolment Advising via Email" appointment, you will receive an e-mail by 4:30pm on the date of your appointment. This will not be a live session, so you are not required to be at a specific place at a specific time. Simply check your e-mail!
Here is what you’ll need to do to prepare for your appointment date:
Now that you have accepted your offer and booked your new student enrolment appointment, you can proceed to prepare for your appointment.
Step 1. Set Up Your Passport York Account – You must do this in order to access the course registration and enrolment module.
Step 2. Take the Math Quiz – Don’t panic! This is simply a tool our advising team will use to help you pick your courses. You must complete this at least 3 days before your appointment date.
Step 3. If you've registered for an in-person session, bring photo ID – You’ll need this to register and enrol. You’ll also need this if you want to get your YU Card. You can also upload your photo and pick-up your YU Card later.
After your Enrolment Appointment
- Don't forget to pay your $300 registration deposit and tuition by the deadlines.
- Living on campus? Review York’s Housing web site for residence information.
- Explore the variety of academic and social supports available to Lassondians (e.g., Excel Lassonde, Lassonde Peer Helpers, Bethune College, etc.).
- Start exploring the York University Bookstore! Purchase your books at the York Bookstore online or in-person.
Something to Consider
If you have a learning disability, mental health disability, or physical, sensory or medical disability, we encourage you to register as soon as possible with York University’s Student Accessibility Services (SAS).
It can take time to arrange for academic accommodations. Registering early can help to ensure accommodations are in place as soon as possible.
If you need to reschedule your appointment or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us at 416-650-8215, e-mail us at email@example.com, or visit us in-person at 105 Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence during our operating hours.