FALL/WINTER 2019-2020 NEW ADMITS
Welcome New Lassonde Students!
We hope you are as excited as we are to kick-off your first year at the Lassonde School of Engineering!
Have you accepted your offer? Have you booked your new student enrolment appointment? If not, click here to register.
At Lassonde, we offer two types of Enrolment experiences, in-person and distance:
- In-person. At Lassonde, our in-person sessions are referred to as “Bootcamp”. If you are able to access campus during the summer, you'll attend Bootcamp for the full enrolment experience.
- Distance. If you aren't able to access campus during the summer, you’ll have the option of registering for one of our limited online advising appointments. This is not a live session or meeting, so you won’t need to be anywhere at a specific time. Simply check your e-mail.
Once you’ve booked your appointment, continue reading to learn more about what to expect and how to prepare!
Where to go and when:
Online Distance Enrolment Appointment
If you have booked a 4:30pm online distance appointment:
- You will receive an e-mail by 4:30pm on the date of your appointment.
- This will not be a live session, so you are not required to be at a specific place at a specific time.
- Simply check your e-mail and follow the detailed instructions and videos!
In-person Bootcamp Session
If you have booked a 9am to 4:30pm or 8:30am to 3:30pm in-person Bootcamp appointment, here is what you can expect:
- Bootcamp is an all-day group experience designed to prepare you for your first year at Lassonde.
- By the end of the day you'll have met an academic advisor, enrolled in courses, participated in a simulated first year lab, connected with both new and current Lassonde students, and explored the new Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence. All in all, a day you don't want to miss!
- We'll start things off in the Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence (#81 on the Keele Campus Map). From there, you'll be guided to the other sessions by our team of Lassonde students and staff.
Note that our final enrolment sessions occurring late August will be half-day sessions (i.e., 9am to 12pm). Our half-day sessions will focus on course enrolment. After the session, students are welcome to explore the campus, get their YU Card, etc.
Preparing for your appointment date:
Now that you have accepted your offer and booked your new student enrolment appointment, you can proceed to prepare for your appointment.
Step 1. Set Up Your Passport York Account – You must do this in order to access the course registration and enrolment module.
Step 2. Take the Math Quiz – Don’t panic! This is simply a tool our advising team will use to help you pick your courses. You must complete this at least 5 days before your appointment date.
Step 3. Bring photo ID – You’ll need this to register with us when you arrive. You’ll also need this if you want to get your YU Card. If you complete the Photo Upload Service at least 2 business days prior to your appointment then we will have your YU Card available for pick-up at Bootcamp.
Important Reminder for Engineering (BEng) Students:
All Engineering (BEng) students share a common first year and declare a major at the end of their first year. To secure a spot in your preferred Engineering major, make sure you’re meeting the Engineering Program Guarantee deadlines. Click here for the Engineering Program Guarantee deadlines.
If you require an accommodation relating to a learning disability, mental health disability, or physical, sensory or medical disability, we encourage you to register as soon as possible with York University’s Student Accessibility Services (SAS).
It can take time to arrange for academic accommodations so the earlier you start the process the better. Registering early can help to ensure accommodations are in place as soon as possible.
After your Enrolment Appointment
- IMPORTANT: Don't forget to pay your $300 registration deposit and Fall/Winter tuition by the posted deadlines. All fees are managed through Student Financial Services. Your student account contains your online financial statement and some of the items may be unfamiliar to you. To learn more, visit View and Understand your Statement. New this year is the Student Choice Initiative which covers essential and non-essential supplementary fees. You can visit the website to learn more about the initiative including the process to opt-out of non-essential fees. Finally, all full-time students are required to be enrolled in a health plan. If you have your own health insurance coverage, you can review the student health plan including the eligibility to opt-out should you choose.
- Living on campus? Review York’s Housing web site for residence information.
- Make sure you have registered for Academic Orientation via YU Start. In addition, start exploring Lassonde's Social Orientation: Week Zero.
- Explore the variety of academic and social supports available to Lassonde students (e.g., Excel Lassonde, Lassonde Peer Helpers, Bethune College, Learning Skills Services, etc.).
- Start exploring the York University Bookstore! Purchase your books at the York Bookstore online or in-person.
- Need a refresher? We have recorded our advising presentations for you. Review them anytime, anywhere, for the information you need to enrol in courses and get ready for September:
- Enrolment Advising (Part 1)
- How to Enrol (available in an alternative file format here)
- Enrolment Advising (Part 2)
If you need to reschedule your appointment or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us at 416-650-8215, e-mail us at email@example.com, or join us for one of our weekly online chats!