WINTER 2020 - NEW ADMITS
Welcome New Lassonde Students!
We hope you are as excited as we are to kick-off your first year at the Lassonde School of Engineering!
Have you accepted your offer? Have you booked your new student enrolment appointment? If not, click here to register.
At Lassonde, we offer two types of Enrolment experiences, in-person and distance:
- In-person. If you are able to access campus, you'll attend a half-day in-person group advising session and enrol in courses.
- Distance. If you aren't able to access campus, you’ll have the option of registering for one of our limited online advising appointments. This is not a live session or meeting, so you won’t need to be anywhere at a specific time. Simply check your e-mail.
Once you’ve booked your appointment, continue reading to learn more about what to expect and how to prepare!
Where to go and when:
Online Distance Enrolment Appointment
If you have booked a 4:30pm online distance appointment:
- You will receive an e-mail by 4:30pm on the date of your appointment.
- This will not be a live session, so you are not required to be at a specific place at a specific time.
- Simply check your e-mail and follow the detailed instructions and videos!
In-person Enrolment Session
If you have booked an in-person enrolment appointment, here is what you can expect:
- A half-day (e.g., 9am to 12pm) group advising session facilitated by a Lassonde Academic Advisor.
- By the end of the session you'll have met an academic advisor, enrolled in courses, and connected with both new and current Lassonde students.
Preparing for your appointment date:
Now that you have accepted your offer and booked your new student enrolment appointment, you can proceed to prepare for your appointment.
Step 1. Set Up Your Passport York Account – You must do this in order to access the course registration and enrolment module.
Step 2. Take the Math Quiz – Don’t panic! This is simply a tool our advising team will use to help you pick your courses. You must complete this at least 5 days before your appointment date.
Step 3. Bring photo ID – You’ll need this to register with us when you arrive. You’ll also need this if you want to get your YU Card. If you complete the Photo Upload Service at least 2 business days prior to your appointment then we will have your YU Card available for pick-up at your appointment.
If you require an accommodation relating to a learning disability, mental health disability, or physical, sensory or medical disability, we encourage you to register as soon as possible with York University’s Student Accessibility Services (SAS).
It can take time to arrange for academic accommodations so the earlier you start the process the better. Registering early can help to ensure accommodations are in place as soon as possible.
After your Enrolment Appointment
- IMPORTANT: Don't forget to pay your $300 registration deposit and Winter tuition by the posted deadlines. All fees are managed through Student Financial Services. Your student account contains your online financial statement and some of the items may be unfamiliar to you. To learn more, visit View and Understand your Statement. New this year is the Student Choice Initiative which covers essential and non-essential supplementary fees. You can visit the website to learn more about the initiative including the process to opt-out of non-essential fees. Finally, all full-time students are required to be enrolled in a health plan. If you have your own health insurance coverage, you can review the student health plan including the eligibility to opt-out should you choose.
- Living on campus? Review York’s Housing web site for residence information.
- Explore the variety of academic and social supports available to Lassonde students (e.g., Excel Lassonde, Lassonde Peer Helpers, Bethune College, Learning Skills Services, etc.).
- Start exploring the York University Bookstore! Purchase your books at the York Bookstore online or in-person.
- Need a refresher? We have recorded our advising presentations for you. Review them anytime, anywhere, for the information you need to enrol in courses and get ready for January:
- Enrolment Advising (Part 1)*
- How to Enrol (available in an alternative file format here)*
- Enrolment Advising (Part 2)*
*Our presentations were recorded earlier in the year. When enrolling in courses, be sure to select courses associated with Term "W" which stands for "Winter".
If you need to reschedule your appointment or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us at 416-650-8215, e-mail us at email@example.com, or join us for one of our weekly online chats!