The Lassonde School of Engineering launched an EDI Sub-Committee with the aim of creating a community where students, faculty, and staff from all walks of life feel welcome and valued. The committee is formed from a diverse group of faculty members, staff and students to ensure that underrepresented groups have a voice in the creation of policies, procedures, and programs to promote inclusivity.
Left to right, from top:
- Reza Rizvi, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Maleknaz Nayebi, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Kamelia Atefi-Monfared, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Alvine Boaye-Belle, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Costas Armenakis, Professor, Department of Earth & Space Science & Engineering
- Jane Goodyer, Dean
- Lisa Cole, Secretary to Committee, Director, Programming (k2i Academy)
- Regina Lee, Chair of Council
- Vanessa Ironside, Programming Officer (K2I Academy)
- Paulina Karwowska-Desaulniers, Director, Research Priorities and Partnerships
Visit the EDI Sub-Committee webpage on the Lassonde Faculty Council site for a copy of the EDI Mandate and Terms of Reference document: http://faculty-council.apps01.yorku.ca/equity-diversity-inclusion-edi-sub-committee/
EDI Sub-Committee Support Team
2022-2023 EDI Sub-Committee Priorities
- Create a map/triaging system illustrating how EDI initiatives, projects, events, tools, resources and inquiries should be disseminated throughout Lassonde. Share this with the Lassonde community
- Support for the EDI Champion Role: Create a support system and collaborative space for EDI Champions to convene and share successes, concerns, etc.
- Oversight of EDI Seed Funding: Review status of EDI Seed Funding initiative and prepare for next phase
- EDI Benchmarking: Identify gaps between York University institutional commitments and benchmarks, such as the Universities Canada Inclusive Excellence Principles.
- Continue to develop the EDI Guide for Researchers