Professor, Math Department
Laboratory for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Fields Laboratory of Mathematics for Public Health
2021 – 2022 Research Highlights
Nonlinear dynamics in social and epidemiological ecosystems and in big data analytics
The research group at the Laboratory for Industrial and Applied Mathematics under Wu’s leadership have published the first transmission dynamics model posted on January 27th of 2020, the work and its subsequent updates forecasted with absolute precision the trend of COVID-19 in China in the months of February and March of the year. The work was used by many organizations including JP Morgan Asset Management for its risk assessment. Wu’s group continued this success and extended this model to have predicted the COVID-19 trend in Ontario and Canada, most of which have been adopted by both provincial and federal governments. Wu’s group has also developing in a series of studies to model and quantify information propagation through online social networks.
- Analytics and technologies for co-propagation of related information, Fulian Yin, Jianhong Wu and others, ZL 2020 1 1305709.2, The People’s Republic of China.
- G Gan, C Ma, J Wu, Data Clustering: Theory, Algorithms and Applications, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2020.
- F Yin, X Shao, B Tang, X Xia, J Wu, Modeling and analyzing cross-transmission dynamics of related information co-propagation, Scientific Reports 11 (1), 1-20, 2021.
- Zachary McCarthy, Yanyu Xiao, Francesca Scarabel, Biao Tang, Nicola Luigi Bragazzi, Kyeongah Nah, Jane M Heffernan, Ali Asgary, V Kumar Murty, Nicholas H Ogden, Jianhong Wu, Quantifying the shift in social contact patterns in response to non-pharmaceutical interventions, Journal of Mathematics in Industry 10 (1), 1-25, 2020
- Dai, H., Alsalhe, T. A., Chalghaf, N., Riccò, M., Bragazzi, N. L., & Wu, J. (2020). The global burden of disease attributable to high body mass index in 195 countries and territories, 1990–2017: An analysis of the Global Burden of Disease Study. PLoS medicine, 17(7), e1003198.