Leading in Creating Solutions for a Just and Sustainable World
The York community has pledged to deepen our collective contributions to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (UN’s SDGs).
The challenges ahead require increasingly complex solutions, applying perspectives gained from a variety of skills, disciplines, and diverse experiences. The Lassonde community is ideally placed to bridge the cyber-physical worlds to provide sustainable, inclusive, human-centred solutions to realize the SDGs. Many of these solutions will be born from our research and rolled out as global solutions.
We will provide dynamic support for fundamental research that provides the supporting knowledge and applied research that turns knowledge into practical solutions. We will support the deployment of these solutions by empowering creative thinkers and entrepreneurs to gain the depth and breadth of skills to contribute to our interdisciplinary teams. We will identify and support new opportunities within and outside of Lassonde to broaden and enhance this objective and promote our collaborations – recognizing that, properly constituted, the sum of the parts is truly greater than the whole.
Creating positive change through Telecommunications EngineeringPosted on Thursday 26 January, 2023
2023 Lassonde Undergraduate Research Awards Competition Now OpenPosted on Thursday 19 January, 2023
AI better than human eye at predicting brain metastasis outcomesPosted on Tuesday 20 December, 2022
Lassonde team develops new tool for the detection of microplastics in waterPosted on Tuesday 22 November, 2022
Together we will make a positive impact and will multiply this impact as our graduates and contributions seed the Lassonde vision in the global community.
- Lassonde will be at the forefront of tackling real-world problems to address environmental, economic, technical, and societal challenges derived from our interdisciplinary engineering and science research.
- Notable new technology entrepreneurship and knowledge mobilization initiatives, such as those led through the Bergeron Entrepreneurs in Science and Technology (BEST) program, will increase Lassonde’s innovative impact.
- Lassonde’s research is led by a growing and vibrant ecosystem of collaborative and outward-looking OrganizedResearch Units (ORUs) (Institutes and Centres). These ORUs enable the research aspirations of their members andbuild value by creating connections between disparate groups and deriving solutions for external partners.
- We prioritize supporting and investing in our researchers and their development as a close-knit supportive research community.
- Our research will actively involve external stakeholders and communities in deep, meaningful ways right from the design of any project we undertake.
- Our research will have a positive impact in the world, be recognized by our peers, and establish us as a leading interdisciplinary engineering school in the world.
How do you think the School can best capture the impact we are making with our interdisciplinary research?
Have something more to share? Please fill out our form.