ZOOM Hours – Winter 2021
(January 18 – April 28)
Monday to Friday: 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Study Days (February 13 – 19 ) & EXAMS (April 13 – 28)
Due to COVID-19 all labs are closed
Open Hours 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (including Sat/Sun)
The labs are closed when the University is closed:
February 15, April 2
*Prism Lab usage is governed by York University policies and Prism Use Policies.
Prism Use Policies
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) operates a number of computer facilities that include labs, workstations, servers, printers, and specialized hardware and software. These facilities are known collectively as “Prism” and can be accessed using a Prism Account. The usage of Prism is governed by the policy contained herein, by York University Senate Policy on Computing and Information Technology Facilities, and by York University Senate Policy on Academic Honesty. By using your Prism Account you acknowledge that you have read, and will adhere to, these policies.
- Usage of any Prism facility is restricted to work related to courses offered by EECS. You may not use your Prism Account for any other purpose.
- Departmental and course-related messages will be sent to your Prism email address. You are expected to check this email regularly. If you use a different email address then you are responsible for forwarding email as appropriate.
- If a Prism lab is booked for a course section then you may not use the lab unless you are enrolled in that section. And if you were in the lab before the section starts then you are expected to logout and leave the lab promptly before the start time of the section.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in any Prism lab (lab monitors excepted).
- Excessive noise is not permitted in any Prism lab. If audio output is needed for course-related work then headphones must be used; i.e. the workstation’s speaker may not be used, even at low volume.
- Prism lab users must cooperate with any directions given by the lab monitor.
- Prism workstations may not be session-locked and may not be left unattended. If you must leave your workstation then logout before leaving.
Enforcement & Violation
The lab monitor is responsible for enforcing this policy. Violation of its rules will result in locking the Prism Account of the offending user.
Last updated Fall 2013.
Prism accounts are available for all students enrolled in Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science major courses. Students who are registered to service courses that use the lab facilities are also eligible to obtain Prism accounts.
Obtain a Prism Account
In order to obtain a Prism account, you will use the Activ8 web application. You must have a Passport York account prior to obtaining a Prism account. Your Passport York account username will be your Prism username.
There are several ways to obtain a Prism account:
- On the Internet: Point your web browser to https://www.eecs.yorku.ca/activ8
- In person, in LAS1006 or LAS1004: Enter ‘activ8’ as the login name, hit enter for password.
- In person, in LAS1002: Enter ‘activ8’ both as the login name and password.
Change Prism Password
If you forget or wish to change your password, use the Activ8 system. Visit https://www.eecs.yorku.ca/activ8 to reset your account password. An email will be sent to you to validate the user information. You will have 30 minutes to change your password from the time the email is sent.