A new group of graduate students from the Faculty of Science and Lassonde School of Engineering are inspired to push the limits of their research thanks to The Carswell Family Foundation.
The 11 new Carswell Scholars presented a snapshot of their research at a recent awards celebration at the Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence, honouring Professor Emeritus Allan Carswell and the Carswell Family Foundation. The foundation's $1-million gift in May 2016 created a permanent endowment and expendable fund to establish the Carswell Scholarships for graudate students in the Faculty of Science and the Lassonde School of Engineering.
"Gathered in this room today are some of the finest graduate students in the Lassonde School of Engineering and Faculty of Science," said Jane Goodyer, dean, Lassonde School of Engineering.
"Congratulations on your achievements and for your distinction as Carswell Scholars. I truly believe that the research questions this group is tackling will change the world."
Below is a list of the winners from Lassonde:
- Zahra Arjmandi, Department of Earth & Space Science & Engineering
- Md. Abdullah Asad, Department of Civil Engineering
- Vidushi Jain, Department of Earth & Space Science & Engineering
- Maria Koshinka, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Josephine Morgenroth, Department of Civil Engineering
- Tzamali Evangelia Myrto Tzamali, Department of Earth & Space Science & Engineering
To read the full article visit YFile.