Lassonde faculty, staff and students (on behalf of Lassonde-affiliated student clubs/organizations) can book rooms for specified and approved activities. The student clubs/organizations must be ratified by SCLD and affiliated with Lassonde School.
- Submit your room booking request at least 10 business days prior to the event. (Please note that completing a room booking request form does not guarantee the booking.)
- Lassonde and Internal (York University) users can request the use of the spaces listed below by following these steps.
Use of Space
- The spaces can only be booked and used:
Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 9:30 pm.
- Keys have to be signed out prior to the start of the event.
- You must lock the door when you leave.
- Student groups will need additional approval from their faculty advisor to book lab space for events.
- Notify the appropriate staff member at least 2 business days before the booking if the space is not being used.
STEP 1: Requesting space
STEP 2: Booking Confirmation
- We will check on the availability of the rooms requested and respond within 5 business days.
- If the requested space is available, you will receive the following details:
- Room confirmation email or a tentative room confirmation email (when pending a TUUS application)
- Key sign out and return procedures
A/V, Caretaking, Furniture
- If additional equipment, facilities or services are required for the event, there may be charges applied.
- Rooms must be returned to the original set-up and be left in a clean condition immediately following your events/meetings. At a cost, Custodial Services will assist with any furniture or cleaning arrangements provided you submit a request. Service Requests must be submitted through SC&LD with a copy to the Student Life Coordinator. Note that Custodial, Grounds and Maintenance Services are reduced on weekends.
- Furniture and equipment are to remain in the room(s).
- All rooms have a computer and projector. All audio-visual equipment or special equipment set-up requests should be submitted to email@example.com. Provide a minimum of one week’s notice for additional equipment.
- If individuals do not provide full and accurate information or use the space in an inappropriate manner, they will lose their booking privileges.
Food and Beverages
- All food & beverages must be removed from the space immediately following your event.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in any room.
- Clubs will be responsible and will be billed for cleaning if the room is left untidy.
Smoking is prohibited in any indoor area and outdoor seating or patio areas. Please see the university smoking policy. http://security.info.yorku.ca/no-smoking-by-law/
Failure to adhere to any of the above rules and regulations may result in a cancelled reservation and/or cancellation of future room bookings.
Please see the list below to find the full listing of available spaces that can be booked:
|Bergeron centre||capacity||food allowed|
|William Small Labs||capacity||food allowed|