Welcome to the Lassonde Machine Shop
The Machine shop is located in the basement of the Bergeron center (BRG 035)
The Machine shop hours vary depending on the day to give students the most flexible access with their busy schedules.
For more information, please visit https://teamup.com/ks517f358b06819511
Here you can learn:
- How to bring your ideas to life
- Solidworks and Mastercam
- Welding and trade techniques
- CNC and various machine techniques
- Real-world manufacturing skills
- Confidence in practical design
How to arrange training
Use this link to:
- Book machines for your projects
- **Sign up for the machine shop training classes
- Check shop hours, closures, and announcements
- Book team rooms for capstone projects
** Please note that you are required to complete two training classes. These classes will be covering the basics of machining, machine shop safety, measuring devices, manual machine operations and shop rules. For more information please contact the shop supervisor, Adam Mclean at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Machine Shop safety guidelines
- Please put on safety glasses whenever entering the machine shop (provided upon entry), even if attending to a team room.
- Never wear loose clothing around machines. Long pants and closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- Do not wear rings, watches, etc., which could be caught in machinery
- Do not attempt to operate any machine before you fully understand its mechanism, and be sure you know how to stop the machine before using it.
- Never operate a machine unless the guards are in the proper place.
- Never modify or circumvent the guarding designed for the equipment.
- Horseplay in the Machine Shop will not be tolerated.
- Tie long hair back and remove loose clothing or jewelry before using machines.
- CSA-approved Safety Glasses must be used at all times. Prescription eyeglasses are required to have side shields.
The Shop Machinery includes:
- All welding equipment and accessories
- State of the art CNC 5 axis machining center
- 3 axis CNC machining center
- CNC Lathe
- flow waterjet
- horizontal and vertical band saws
- 50-ton press
- 6 vertical milling machines
- 6 horizontal machine lathes
- 3d printer
- mastercam and SolidWorks
- bending machines
Custom research and university-related machines
If you are a student or a professor and require custom machining for any classroom, research or university-related project please contact Adam Mclean at email@example.com
CAD modelling and design help are available for any project.
A quote can be provided upon approved design and work will commence once a signed quote is returned and a valid up-to-date cost center is provided. All proceeds go to machine shop operations. Machine Shop rate is $40 per hour plus material (if applicable)