The deadline to submit the Club Subsidy Funding Application is September 30th.
Use this application if you are requesting funding for:
• Club office supplies
• Advertising and marketing for the club
• Basic Club Operations Funding
Before submitting a funding application please carefully read through the Club Subsidy Funding Policy.
The Club Subsidy Fund is administered through the Lassonde Student Welcome and Support Centre. Applications for funding can be submitted by the Lassonde Student Government and/or recognized Lassonde affiliated student groups/clubs. All club executives are required to attend a mandatory meeting in September prior to applying for funding.
The approval of an application for funding depends upon the availability of the fund and the established priority in relation to other requests. Please note that the funding from Lassonde may only partially cover the amount requested.
What we DO NOT fund:
- Requests for the purpose of making direct donations (e.g. taking the money received and donating it in another form such as food or clothing)
- Requests from organizations whose operations do not appear sustainable (e.g. if the club’s expenses consistently exceed its revenue)
- Requests with an incomplete or otherwise unsatisfactory application (activities that could otherwise be funded through our other programs will not be considered for club funding)
- Requests from organizations which are not Lassonde affiliated clubs
- Requests which contain numerous questionable expenses such as excessive food, club clothing, staffing costs, alcohol, luxury items, or items restricted by Lassonde/York University policy
Conditions for Successful Applicants
- At the end of the term, all successful applicants are required to submit a summary statement with an actual budget describing the impact of the funding and the outcomes of their club/event activities. In addition, you may be required to report on some or all of the descriptions you have provided on this form. Please keep a copy for your reference. Make sure to keep all original receipts as you will be required to submit them with your end of term report.
- The student club charter must be made available to the Funding Committee upon request.
- All promotional and/or marketing materials should recognize the support of Lassonde School of Engineering.
Confirmation of official club status in order to receive club funding is determined using the Student Community & Leadership Development (SC&LD) list.
Your application must be complete in order to be considered. Your submission must include:
- Application form
- Letter explaining purpose and use of funding.
- Complete and attach the Vendor Direct Deposit Form with a void cheque. (If the organization has done this last year, not required to do it again.)
- Attach your club’s previous funding. (attach a budget report from last year)
- Attach your club’s projected operating budget for the year with detailed notes for anything relevant to this application.
- Any additional supporting documents.
- Please remember to complete the Lassonde Registration Form.
For the projected operating budget (4.) The applicant must provide the Funding Committee a better perspective of the club’s finances. It should include detailed notes and as much information as possible to aid the funding committee in their evaluation. Be specific and precise to avoid any discrepancies. For example, if you have a substantial expense for an Event or Conference, clearly state the breakdown and any relevant information. You should also include any major budget changes from previous years (e.g., if you are requesting twice as much subsidy this year as you received last year, explain what factors contribute to this projected increase in the group’s expenses). Include other sources of funding ( e.g. fundraising events) too.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org