Welcome New Lassonde Students!
We hope you are as excited as we are to kick-off your first year at the Lassonde School of Engineering!
Have you accepted your offer? Have you booked your new student enrolment appointment? If not, click here to register.
At Lassonde, we offer two types of Enrolment experiences, in-person and distance:
- In-person. If you are able to access the campus, your new student enrolment experience will start at our Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence.
- Distance. If you are not able to access the campus, you will have the option of registering for one of our limited e-mail advising appointments. These are not live sessions, so you do not need to be anywhere at a specific time. Simply check your e-mail.
Once you have booked your appointment, continue reading to learn more about what to expect and how to prepare!
Where to go and when:
New Student Enrolment Appointment via E-mail
If you have booked a 4:30pm distance appointment:
- You will receive an e-mail by 4:30pm on the date of your appointment.
- This will not be a live session, so you are not required to be at a specific place at a specific time.
- Simply check your e-mail and follow the detailed instructions and vide
In-person New Student Enrolment Appointment
If you have booked an in-person appointment:
- The start time, end time, and location details are available for you in your MyFile account.
- You will participate in a group advising experience designed to prepare you for your first year at Lassonde. By the end of your session, you will have met an academic advisor, enrolled in courses, and connected with both new and current Lassonde students.
- We will start things off in the Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence (#81 on the Keele Campus Map). From there, you will be guided to the other sessions by our team of Lassonde students and staff. All in all, a day you do not want to miss!
Preparing for your appointment date:
Now that you have accepted your offer and booked your new student enrolment appointment, you can proceed to prepare for your appointment.
Step 1. Set Up Your Passport York Account – You must do this in order to access the course registration and enrolment module.
Step 2. Take the Math Quiz – Don’t panic! This is simply a tool our advising team will use to help you pick your courses. You must complete this at least 5 days before your appointment date.
Step 3. Bring photo ID – You’ll need this to register with us when you arrive. You’ll also need this if you want to get your YU Card.
Important Reminder for Engineering (BEng) Students:
All Engineering (BEng) students share a common first year and declare a major in the Winter term. To secure a spot in your preferred Engineering major, make sure you are meeting the Engineering Program Guarantee deadlines. Click here for the Engineering Program Guarantee deadlines. If you have questions about this process, please reach out to the Admissions and Recruitment team via e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require an academic accommodation related to a disability, we encourage you to register as soon as possible with York University’s Student Accessibility Services (SAS).
It can take time to arrange for academic accommodations so the earlier you start the process the better. Registering early can help to ensure accommodations are in place as soon as possible.
After your Enrolment Appointment
- IMPORTANT: Don't forget to pay your $300 registration deposit and tuition by the posted deadlines. All fees are managed through Student Financial Services. Your student account contains your online financial statement and some of the items may be unfamiliar to you. To learn more, visit View and Understand your Statement. New this year is the Student Choice Initiative which covers essential and non-essential supplementary fees. You can visit the website to learn more about the initiative including the process to opt-out of non-essential fees. Finally, all full-time students are required to be enrolled in a health plan. If you have your own health insurance coverage, you can review the student health plan including the eligibility to opt-out should you choose.
- Living on campus? Review York’s Housing web site for residence information.
- Academic and Social Orientation: Depending on your term of entry (e.g., Fall, Winter, or Summer), orientation activities will vary. Information regarding your Academic Orientation will be available in your new student enrolment appointment material. Explore the following resources for orientation information that may be applicable to you:
- Explore the variety of academic and social supports available to Lassonde students (e.g., Excel Lassonde, Lassonde Peer Helpers, Bethune College SOS, Learning Skills Services, etc.).
- Start exploring the York University Bookstore! Purchase your books at the York Bookstore online or in-person. Course requirements will be provided via the course syllabus when classes begin.
- Need a refresher? We have recorded our new student enrolment advising presentations for you. Review them anytime, anywhere, for the information you need to enrol in courses and get ready for your first year:*
- Enrolment Advising (Part 1)
- How to Enrol (available in an alternative file format here)
- Enrolment Advising (Part 2)
*Since our webinars were recorded in the past, always refer to websites directly for the most up to date information, e.g., Important Dates.
If you need to reschedule your appointment or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us at 416-650-8215, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join us for one of our weekly online chats! You can also review our Frequently Asked Advising Questions website for additional information you may find helpful.