Lassonde students on behalf of Lassonde-affiliated student clubs/organizations can book rooms for specified and approved activities. The student clubs must be recognized either by SCLD or YFS. These activities normally require at least two-thirds of participants to be York University staff and/or students. Some examples of these activities include the holding of meetings, seminars, or workshops.
- Student clubs: To book, club representative has to complete the following form: https://cesa.apps07.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=20566
- Requests must be submitted at least one week prior to the event date.
Use of Space
- The spaces can only be booked and used:
Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 10:00pm.
Saturday between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- Keys have to be signed out prior to the start of the event. If you are booking on weeknights or weekends, please pick up the key during office hours.
- You must lock the door when you leave.
- The club representative must notify the appropriate staff member at least 2 business days before the booking if the space is not being used.
A/V, Caretaking, Furniture
- If additional equipment, facilities or services are required for the event, there may be charges applied.
- Rooms must be returned to the original set-up and be left in a clean condition immediately following your events/meetings. At a cost, CSBO will assist with any furniture or cleaning arrangements provided you submit a request. Service Requests must be submitted through SC&LD. Note that Custodial, Grounds and Maintenance Services are reduced on weekends.
- Furniture and equipment is to remain in the room(s).
- All rooms have a computer and projector. All audio-visual equipment or special equipment set-up requests should be made to the Student Welcome and Support Centre (fees may apply). We will require a minimum of one week notice for additional equipment.
- If individuals do not provide full and accurate information, or use the space in an inappropriate manner, they will lose their booking privileges.
Food and Beverages
- All food & beverages must be removed from the space immediately following your event.
- No Alcoholic beverages are allowed in any rooms.
- Clubs will be responsible and will be billed for cleaning if the room is left untidy.
Smoking is prohibited in any indoor area and outdoor seating or patio areas. Please see the university smoking policy. http://security.info.yorku.ca/no-smoking-by-law/
Failure to adhere to any of the above rules and regulations may result in a cancelled reservation and/or cancellation of future room bookings.
Please see the list below to find the full listing of available spaces that can be booked:
|Bergeron centre||capacity||who can request||food allowed||contact person|
|Room 102A||6||Student Clubs||Yes||Melissa Cliffe|
|Room 125||50||Student Clubs, faculty/staff||Yes||Melissa Cliffe|
|Classroom 211||36||Student Clubs, faculty/staff||Yes||Olive Turner|
|Classrom 213||36||Student Clubs, faculty/staff||No||Olive Turner|
|Classroom 217||72||Student Clubs, faculty/staff||No||Olive Turner|
|Classroom 313||72||Student Clubs, faculty/staff||No||Olive Turner|