- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Bayesian Statistics
- Computational Biology
Marcus Brubaker received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Toronto in 2011. After that, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago and taught at the University of Toronto, Scarborough. He is the co-founder of Structura Biotechnology Inc, consults with a number of companies on computer vision and machine learning applications and is one of the developers of the Stan project. He joined York University in July, 2016.He has worked on a range of problems including human pose and motion estimation, vehicle localization, electron cryomicroscopy, Markov Chain Monte Carlo, non-parametric statistical inference and ballistic forensics.
- cryoSPARC: algorithms for rapid unsupervised cryo-EM structure determination. Punjani, A.; Rubinstein, J. L.; Fleet, D. J.; and Brubaker, M. A. Nature Methods. 2017.
- Map-based Probabilistic Visual Self-Localization. Brubaker, M. A.; Geiger, A.; and Urtasun, R. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2016.
- Building Proteins in a Day: Efficient 3D Molecular Reconstruction. Brubaker, M. A.; Punjani, A.; and Fleet, D. J. In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2015.
- Efficient Optimization for Sparse Gaussian Process Regression. Cao, Y.; Brubaker, M. A.; Fleet, D. J.; and Hertzmann, A. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 37(12): 2415 -- 2427. 2015.
- Lost! Leveraging the Crowd for Probabilistic Visual Self-Localization. Brubaker, M. A.; Geiger, A.; and Urtasun, R. In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2013.
- A Family of MCMC Methods on Implicitly Defined Manifolds. Brubaker, M. A.; Salzmann, M.; and Urtasun, R. In Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2012.
- Physics-based Person Tracking using the Anthropomorphic Walker. Brubaker, M. A.; Fleet, D. J.; and Hertzmann, A. International Journal of Computer Vision, 87(1): 140--155. 2010.
- Estimating Contact Dynamics. Brubaker, M. A.; Sigal, L.; and Fleet, D. J. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, 2009.