Our team of advisors at the Lassonde Student Welcome & Support Centre is committed to providing Lassonde students with the advice you need as students in a professional School. Advising helps you to make informed and thoughtful decisions about your academic pathway as you progress through the Lassonde School of Engineering.
Drop-In Advising Hours
For quick and general advising questions that can be answered within 5 to 10 minutes, visit 105 Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence for a drop-in session.
Drop-in Advising Hours:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 1pm to 4pm
There will be no drop-in on Wednesday December 4, 2019.
Drop-in the week of December 16 - 20, 2019 will be held from 10am to 4pm Monday through Thursday and from 10am to 1pm on Friday.
Please continue to check hours as there may be modifications throughout the year.
Sign up for drop-in or view the current wait times using QLess.
QLess is a tool which allows students to wait where they want, how they want.
Ways to join the line:
- Download the QLess app via your smartphone
- Text: Lassonde to (647)492-8395
- Visit our virtual kiosk
- Join at our on-site kiosk at the Welcome desk in BRG
Once you have joined the line, you will receive real time text messages to provide you updates. This allows you to wait where you want, how you want.
Pop-Up Advising Fairs
The York University Academic Advising community will host pop-up advising fairs throughout the Fall and Winter terms. Pop-up advising fairs are a great opportunity to connect with your Lassonde Academic Advising team with any questions you may have and/or connect with an Academic Advisor from another Faculty. Pop-up advising fairs will be held:
- September 30th and October 1st: 10am to 3pm (Lassonde Building Lobby)
- November 4th and November 5th: 10am to 3pm (Lassonde Building Lobby)
- January 30th: 10am to 3pm (Lassonde Building Lobby)
- March 4th and March 5th: 10am to 3pm (Lassonde Building Lobby)
We are now offering 15 minute appointments Monday - Friday between 1:00 - 4:00pm. You can use QLess to sign up for an appointment up to 4 days in advance.
If you would like to schedule an appointment outside of these times, please contact the Student Welcome and Support Centre and let us know the nature of your questions or concerns. We'll assess your needs and arrange an appointment as necessary.
- 105 Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence (click here for hours of operation)
If you need an answer quickly, you can always attend a drop-in session. Details above.
Informal Degree Review Appointments & the Degree Progress Report
If you would like to meet with an Advisor to review your overall progress and explore if you are on track to graduate, please note the following:
- Appointments must be booked two weeks in advance.
- Typically done for upper year students (3rd or 4th year).
- When requesting an informal degree review appointment, students will be required to prepare and upload their own self-audit. When preparing your self-audit for upload, please use your official Academic Calendar, list of courses and grades, transfer credit statement and/or letters of permission (if/as applicable), complete with your notes regarding degree requirements that are complete, in-progress, or incomplete, etc. Your Academic Calendar can be found online here.
- If you only want to review your Degree Progress Report or Program Checklist or have questions about your Academic Calendar or degree requirements, visit an Academic Advisor during our drop-in advising hours, book a regular academic advising appointment via the QLess application above, or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to request an informal degree review appointment.
If you are in your final session of study, don't forget to apply to graduate!
I would like to have my Degree Progress Report updated
You can complete this form if you would like the DPR to be updated to reflect your transfer credits or course credit equivalencies not currently reflected. An Academic Advisor will review your file and make any necessary adjustments. Please allow at least 2 weeks from when the form is completed for these changes to be reflected. If an Advisor has any concerns, they will contact you to discuss.
Prefer e-mail? E-mail us your questions at email@example.com. We check our e-mails every day.
During peak periods (e.g., the beginning of a new term) you will experience delays to our e-mail response times. During peak periods, if your question is urgent, we recommend that you come visit us in-person during our extended drop-in hours.
Chat with an Advisor – Online drop-in!
Have a quick question for an advisor? Can't make it to drop-in?
We'd love to chat! Join in on a live web chat with one of your Academic Advisors. These sessions are great for quick, general academic advising questions. Stay for as little or as long as you like!
Wednesdays 9am to 10am
Login at connect.yulearn.yorku.ca/lassondeadvising/ to join the chat!