Fall & Winter Entry Available
Explore Your Passion. Find out more about Digital Media at Lassonde.
About the Program
As a Digital Media student, you will devise and use tools to create engaging, interactive digital objects and experiences that integrate imagery and sound, including effects and animation, 3D modelling and simulation, and responsive interfaces bridging the physical and virtual world.
You will also study larger concepts like aesthetic theories and the cultural impact of media as a catalyst for artistic, social and industrial evolution. Most importantly, you will learn to simulate, build and create.
You will begin the program by completing a common core of courses in first year. You will then select from one of three streams based on your interest.
Digital Media Development focusing on design of core tools and technologies for digital media practices.
Digital Media Arts focusing on the creation and application of digital media for creative production in the visual, performing and screen arts.
Digital Media Game Arts focusing on allied artistic and scientific aspects of innovative game design.
We offer courses in a range of subjects, for example, virtual reality user interfaces, graphics, games and animation.
Skills You’ll Gain
- A strong foundation in the algorithmic and computational basis for the creation of digital imagery, sound, animation and simulations
- Software development for applications such as 3D graphics, sound/music, games and mobile apps
- Comprehensive portfolio development with a blend of media creation, understanding and applying computational tools and artistic concepts
Some of our Co-op Employers
- Beyond Media
- Interac Corp
- University of Twente (Holland)
'18 Digital Media
My Life at Lassonde
Art in all its forms, math, coding, travel, books, food, people
My Lassonde Journey:
• My program combined the best of both worlds – art and logic – and I learned from inspiring profs and mentors
• VP Media & Design, Lassonde Engineering Society
• Design & deliver workshops for high school students
• Prototyping Lab mentor aka Sandbox Guru
Life Beyond Lassonde:
• Junior Designer/Business Technology Analyst at Deloitte
• Stay connected to Lassonde by supporting hackathons & share my knowledge with young professionals