Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), Accredited by CEAB – Fall and Winter Entry Available
Explore Your Passion. Find out more about Electrical Engineering at Lassonde.
About the Program
From modern telecommunication systems to renewable power generation or medical devices, electrical engineers develop skills that are in-demand in diverse industries.
In Lassonde’s Electrical Engineering program, you will have the chance to train your hands and your mind. We will first teach you about the big concepts that make up electrical engineering.
You will gain in-depth knowledge as you learn about designing a whole slew of power electronics, signal processors and assistive medical devices in your upper years.
Your learning will be enhanced in our various lab spaces designed to teach you about Medical Devices, Microelectronics, Power Systems, Embedded Systems, and Robotics.
Skills You’ll Gain
- A strong programming foundation
- Electronic fabrication, testing and measurement
- Rapid prototyping of electronic and mechatronic systems
- Embedded systems and digital logic design including sensor interfacing and actuation of electromechanical devices
- Digital signal processing using MATLAB modelling software
- Verilog circuit-modelling language for FPGA circuit programming
- Circuit design for chips, motors, small controllers or antennas
- Analysis, design and optimization of hardware and software
Some of our Co-op Employers
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Loyalty One
This is Lassonde: Podcast
A podcast series with students, alumni, and faculty members from Lassonde.
'21 Electrical Engineering
Microelectronics and implantable medical devices, business, yoga, snowboarding, hiking, watching ballet
My Lassonde Journey:
• Courses related to medical devices, business
• Co-op as Research Assistant, Biomedical Device Research Lab
• Member, Lassonde Engineering Society, Satellite Design Team, IEEE student chapter
Life Beyond Lassonde:
• Medical devices industry, so I can help people live longer and with fewer health problems
• My own business
• Meet interesting people and get inspired
Enhance your Electrical Engineering experience
Available for all of our Engineering programs
Work a minimum of 12 months up to a maximum of 20 months while on co-op. You can earn up to 1 year of qualified experience towards your PEng.
Sample First-Year Schedules
ENGINEERING – YEAR ONE COMMON CORE – FALL TERM
|Applied Calculus||Renaissance Engineering I||Engineering Mechanics|
|Applied Calculus||Applied Linear Algebra||Renaissance Engineering I||Applied Calculus|
|Applied Linear Algebra||Renaissance Engineering I||Engineering Mechanics||Applied Linear Algebra|
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Mechanics|
|Computational Thinking Through Mechatronics||Computational Thinking Through Mechatronics||Computational Thinking Through Mechatronics|
|Computational Thinking Through Mechatronics||Engineering Mechanics|
ENGINEERING – YEAR ONE COMMON CORE – WINTER TERM
|Materials Science for Engineers||Renaissance Engineering II||Electricity, Magnetism & Optics|
|Applied Calculus II||Renaissance Engineering II||Applied Calculus II||Renaissance Engineering II||Applied Calculus II|
|Object Oriented Programming||Object Oriented Programming||Materials Science for Engineers||Object Oriented Programming|
|Electricity, Magnetism and Optics||Materials Science for Engineers||Electricity, Magnetism & Optics||Electricity, Magnetism & Optics|
|Discrete Mathematics OR The Earth Environment||Discrete Mathematics OR The Earth Environment||Discrete Mathematics OR The Earth Environment|
|The Earth Environment||Object Oriented Programming||Materials Science for Engineers||Electricity, Magnetism & Optics|