Bergeron Medal Recipient: Mitchell Palmer
Each Year, one top student in the Bergeron Entrepreneurs in Science and Technology (BEST) program is awarded the Bergeron Medal for their achievement in the BEST program. A special notation appears on the selected recipient’s transcript. This year, the Bergeron Medal has been awarded to Mitchell Palmer.
Here are his achievements and highlights:
- Taking EWB-Technion Course in Israel and getting an A+ (98%)
- Completing the BEST Certificate in Technology Entrepreneurship offered by BEST Program, bringing Geomatics engineering degree to 171 credits in 5 years.
- First place in ENTR4500 final pitch
- Attending the hackathon including Hack Lassonde and creating a working app similar to an advanced version of Google maps in 24 hours, from scratch.
- Attending the national Geomatics competition in Calgary in 2019 and developing a working solution within 5-hour timeframe
- Completing paid internships in Geomatics engineering, project management and software development
- Working part-time during the school year while taking 6-7 courses per semester
- 7.3 GPA over final two years qualifying for masters studies and 7.73 GPA in the final year, making it onto Dean’s list.
- Completing a paid research position for professor Baoxin Hu in artificial intelligence and remote sensing, developing a functioning application and writing a research paper.
- Finishing a capstone project with an ‘A’ grade, developing a functioning machine learning application for identifying hydro poles and other road assets.