Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Technologies (BASc)
Over 400 students are actively searching and applying for positions starting in Fall 2023!
These students have an understanding of the tech sector with previous hands-on skills and/or experience. They include:
- Professionals looking to upskill
- Current employees
- University and college transfer students
- High-potential high school students who perform best through hands-on learning and aspire to a career in tech
Check out some of our example student profiles, which typify our student applicants.
Step 1: Send us your posting
It will go live right away, we will promote to the candidates and you will receive applications upon your set deadline.
Step 2: Interview
You will lead the pre-screening and interview process.
Step 3: Offer
We will facilitate the job offer process or you can present the offers directly to the candidate to ensure a decision is communicated within your offer acceptance timelines.
Hire now on a continuous basis until June 30th, 2023 for positions starting in Fall 2023!
Employers hiring students can access the Government of Canada’s Student Network Placement Program (SWPP), which provides 50% or 70% of your student’s wage back, up to a maximum of $5,000 or $7,000 if your student belongs to an underrepresented group.
Sample hiring positions to post (these may include your existing 12 or 16-month co-op roles):
- Application Developer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Data Analyst – Informatics and Systems
- Information Management Systems Specialist
- Machine Learning Developer
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Security Architect
- Software Developer
- System Security Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Positions start in Fall (September) of 2023
- Post 12 or 16-month student roles, these may include existing co-op opportunities
- Positions must be paid, we recommend at least the Living Wage (https://www.livingwage.ca/)
Employers receive recruitment support from Lassonde including building your brand on campus and connecting you with top talent through customized recruitment events at no extra cost!
Students will apply knowledge on-the-job on a continuous basis while completing 10 credits per term. Learning will be acquired through:
Online weekly coursework, approximately four hours per week
In-person learning on-campus for a one-week block twice per term
For the first year only, students will complete a three-week intensive orientation at the beginning of the term to train and introduce professional skills and learning objectives.
Employers and students will receive continuous support and guidance from Course Directors, a Professional Skills Coach and our Business Development Manager.
• Provide mentorship and training resources.
• Review student performance and provide feedback on a regular basis (mid-term informal assessment, and end-of-term).
• Release the student for one week of intensive learning twice per academic term, i.e., Fall, Winter, and Summer.
• At the beginning of the term, discuss learning goals and objectives for the term.
• Read through the student’s academic reflection reports to verify projects, and scan for confidentiality.
Send us your job posting today
Business Development Manager