Your club’s Faculty Advisor should be a current Lassonde faculty member who is willing to work with and support your club.
Roles and Responsibilities of Faculty Advisors
Faculty Advisors agree to:
- Know the general purpose of the organization and is familiar with the organization’s constitution.
- Take an active role in advising the student organization.
- Annually review the student organization’s governing documents (constitution & bylaws, budget) and/or guiding policies to ensure accountability by the student organization.
- Know the officers of the organization and mentor their leaders.
- Meet with the organization’s Chair/President on a regular basis (at least once per term).
- Be informed of all activities sponsored and conducted by the student organization.
- Offer guidance to your club on organization management, goals, technical expertise, program planning.
- Inform the Manager, Student Engagement or Assistant Dean, Students any activities which may or will violate University policies.
Requirements for serving as an Advisor
- An advisor should be a full-time Faculty member at the Lassonde School of Engineering
- Advisors are encouraged to attend club events, held during and after business hours.
- Sharing one’s knowledge and experiences with others.
- Developing a personal relationship with students.
- Sharing common interests and working toward a common goal.