The Club Subsidy Fund is administered through the Lassonde Student Welcome and Support Centre. Funding allocation will be decided by the Lassonde Student Funding Committee and communicated to you, by email, 2-3 weeks after your application has been submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that it can take up to 4 weeks for your funding to be distributed after you have signed and submitted your Funding Agreement letter and provided your current banking information and/or direct deposit enrollment form. Please note that the funding from Lassonde may only partially cover the amount requested.
The approval of funding requests depends upon the availability of funds, your club’s status as a recognized student organization and the suitability of how funding will be used.
Prior to applying for Club Subsidy Funding, your club must apply or renew your club registration with Student Community Leadership Development (SC&LD) and submit an application for affiliation with the Lassonde School of Engineering.
Please submit your Club Subsidy request once your other applications have been submitted. We will not approve any funding requests until your club is ratified with SC&LD and confirmed as affiliated with the Lassonde School of Engineering. Club Subsidy forms will be made available shortly.
The purpose of Club Subsidy Funding is to provide your club with funding for your OPERATIONAL COSTS
What we will fund:
- Basic Office supplies
- Advertising and marketing expenses for the club
- Basic Club Operations Funding (Bank fees, memberships/subscriptions, minor event expenses)
What We Do NOT Fund
- Requests for the purpose of making direct donations (e.g. taking the money received and donating it in another form such as food or clothing)
- Requests from organizations whose operations do not appear sustainable (e.g. if the club’s expenses consistently exceed its revenue)
- Requests with an incomplete or otherwise unsatisfactory application
- Requests to support existing projects
- Activities that could otherwise be funded through Professional Development or Community Funding applications
- Requests from organizations that are not affiliated with the Lassonde School of Engineering
- Requests which contain numerous questionable expenses such as excessive food, club clothing, staffing costs, alcohol, luxury items, or items restricted by Lassonde/University policy
Conditions for Successful Applicants
1. As a requirement of your Club’s affiliation with Lassonde, you will be required to complete a mid-term and year-end final reports to outline all funding and revenue received by your club and how all money has been spent. Failure to complete mandatory reports, may result in losing Club privileges such as Club Space, access to Room Booking and additional funding requests.
2. It is your club’s responsibility to ensure that funding provided is allocated to the expenses it was requested to support. Deviation from the expenses noted in your application, may result in having to return the funding provided or restriction from further funding requests. It is your responsibility to keep detailed financial records and maintain copies of your receipts. These records should be readily available upon request.
3. It is the responsibility of your club to follow up on any pending requests and provide any additional information or documentation when requested for your application to be processed or for your funding to be released. Neglected funding requests will expire after 30 days if requested documents are not submitted or a response from your club is not provided by email.
4. Use of the Lassonde or York U Logo is prohibited on any club materials, including swag, branding materials or advertising. If you would like to use Lassonde’s Logo, you must request permission to do so by contacting your Student Life Coordinator.
To prepare for your Club Subsidy Application you will need to include the following documents:
- Letter explaining purpose and use of funding.
- Complete and attach the Vendor Direct Deposit Form with a void cheque. (If the organization has done this last year, not required to do it again.)
- Attach your club’s previous funding. (attach a budget report from last year)
- Attach your club’s projected operating budget for the year with detailed notes for anything relevant to this application.
For the projected operating budget (4.) The applicant must provide the Funding Committee a better perspective of the club’s finances. It should include detailed notes and as much information as possible to aid the funding committee in their evaluation. Be specific and precise to avoid any discrepancies. You should also include any major budget changes from previous years (e.g., if you are requesting twice as much subsidy this year as you received last year, explain what factors contribute to this projected increase in the group’s expenses). Include other sources of funding that you will be receiving as well ( e.g. fundraising events)
Questions? Contact Student Life Coordinator, Alicia DiStefano at firstname.lastname@example.org