Dr. Eldyasti is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at Lassonde School of Engineering, York University. He received his B.Sc. in Construction & Building Engineering from the Arab Academy for Science & Technology & Maritime Transport, Alexandria, Egypt, in 2002. He then obtained his M.Sc. degree in Environmental Engineering from the Arab Academy for Science & Technology & Maritime Transport, Cairo, Egypt, in 2006. Dr. Eldyasti holds a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering (Environment and Sustainability) from Western University, which he received in 2013.
Dr. Eldyasti has receivied several distinguishing awards, including: Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS); Julie Lassonde Scholarship for Green Technologies and Processes; Ross and Jean Clark scholarship; Graduate Thesis Research Award (GTRA); Industrial MITACS accelerated fellowship. He also was recognized in a number of conferences/workshops, including Top Poster in 9th-2012 ANNUAL Earth Day Colloquium; Top Seminar Presentation in 61st Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference (CSChE 2011); Top Seminar Presentation in 4th Particle Technology Research Centre Conference (PTRC-2011); Top Poster in 4th Particle Technology Research Centre Conference (PTRC-2011); Top Academic Presenter in Academic Communication workshop; Top Seminar Presentation in 3rd Particle Technology Research Centre Conference (PTRC-2010).
Dr. Eldyasti is the author of two book chapters and more than 25 journal and conference papers.
- New Generation of Wastewater Facility
- Biological treatment processes for municipal and industrial wastewater
- Biofilm technologies for wastewater/waste streams
- Waste-to-Energy (WtoE) processes to transform “energy-consuming treatment processes” into “energy-saving and energy-positive systems” including Biomethane, Biohydrogen, and Biopower
- Resources/Chemicals recovery from wastewater/waste streams
- Modelling tools for novel biological biofilm technologies to facilitate designing, scale-up, and troubleshooting
- Greenhouse Gases (GHGs) emissions from wastewater treatment processes