Assistant Professor, P.Eng
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Dr. Hina Tabassum joined as an Assistant Professor at the Lassonde School of Engineering, York University, Canada in July 2018. Since 2013, she was a research fellow in the area of wireless communications at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada.She obtained her PhD degree from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, in 2013.She has published over 50 technical articles in well-reputed IEEE journals, magazines, and conferences.She has been serving as a lead guest editor and technical program committee member in various IEEE venues. She has been recognized as an Exemplary reviewer by IEEE Transactions on Communications in 2015, 2016 and 2017.She received various awards and honours throughout her career. She is a senior member of IEEE and a registered Professional engineer in Canada.
- 5G/B5G wireless communications
- Massive MIMO
- mm-wave, Visible light Communication, Free Space Optics
- Stochastic geometry, Geometric Probability
- Smart grid, Energy harvesting systems
- Ultra-reliable, low latency communication
- H. Tabassum and E. Hossain, "Coverage and rate analysis for co-existing RF/VLC downlink cellular networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 4, Apr. 2018, pp. 2588 - 2601.
- H. Tabassum, E. Hossain, and Md. J. Hossain, "Modeling and analysis of uplink non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) in large-scale cellular networks using Poisson cluster processes," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 65, no. 8, Aug. 2017, pp. 3555
- U. Siddique, H. Tabassum, E. Hossain, and D. I. Kim, "Wireless backhauling of 5G small cells: Challenges and solution approaches," IEEE Wireless Communications, Special Issue on "Smart Backhauling and Fronthauling for 5G Networks", vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 22
- H. Tabassum, E. Hossain, A. Ogundipe, and D. I. Kim, “Wireless-powered cellular networks: key challenges and solution techniques," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 63-71, June 2015.
- E. Hossain, M. Rasti, H. Tabassum, and A. Abdelnasser, “Evolution towards 5G multi-tier cellular wireless networks: an interference management perspective," IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 118-127, June 2014.
- H. Tabassum, Z. Dawy, E. Hossain, and M. -S. Alouini, “Interference statistics and capacity analysis for uplink transmission in two-tier small-cell networks: A geometric probability approach," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13, no. 7,