Larry Yueli Zhang
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Larry Yueli Zhang is an Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Lassonde School of Engineering. His teaching and research interests include data structures, algorithms, computer organization, operating systems, computer networks, distributed systems, social network analysis and computing education. Prior to joining York University, Larry completed his PhD at the Department of Computer Science of University of Toronto and served as a teaching faculty member of the Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences at University of Toronto Mississauga. He received BSc at the Department of Electronic Engineering of Tsinghua University in Beijing.
- Social network analysis
- Information networks
- Computing education
- Sadia Sharmin and Larry Yueli Zhang. Experience report on the use of breakout rooms in a large online course. In Proceedings of the 53rd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, pages 328--334, 2022.
- Larry Yueli Zhang, Andrew K Petersen, Michael Liut, Bogdan Simion, and Furkan Alaca. A multi-course report on the experience of unplanned online exams. In Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, pages 17--23, 2021.
- Larry Yueli Zhang and Peter Marbach. Efficient community detection by exploiting structural properties of real-world user-item graphs. In International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications, pages 15--26. Springer, 2020.
- Larry Yueli Zhang and Peter Marbach. Stable and efficient structures for the content production and consumption in information communities. In Game Theory for Networking Applications, pages 163--173. Springer, 2019.
- Ramy Esteero, Mohammed Khan, Mohamed Mohamed, Larry Yueli Zhang, and Daniel Zingaro. Recursion or iteration: Does it matter what students choose? In Proceedings of the 49th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, pages 1011--1016. ACM, 2018.
- Arash Gholami and Larry Yueli Zhang. Student behaviour in unsupervised online quizzes: A closer look. In Proceedings of the 23rd Western Canadian Conference on Computing Education, pages 1--6, 2018.
- Shamama Zehra, Aishwarya Ramanathan, Larry Yueli Zhang, and Daniel Zingaro. Student misconceptions of dynamic programming. In Proceedings of the 49th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, pages 556--561. ACM, 2018.
- Arnold Rosenbloom and Larry Yueli Zhang. A 12 week full stack web course in 2017. In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, pages 86--87. ACM, 2017.
- Larry Yueli Zhang and Peter Marbach. Microscopic generative models for complex networks. In Information Sciences and Systems (CISS), 2014 48th Annual Conference on, pages 1--6. IEEE, 2014.
- Curriculum development of two new programs at York University Markham Campus:
- Computer Science for Software Development (BASc)
- Digital Technologies (BASc)