Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, P.Eng
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Dr. Marzieh Ahmadzadeh received her Ph.D. degree from the University of Nottingham, UK in 2006, where she had also obtained her MSc. degree in Information Technology, specialized in Software Engineering in 2002. Her BSc. is in Computer Engineering from Isfahan University.She has worked in academia since 2006 in a number of Computer Science and Engineering departments including Shiraz University of Technology, the University of Toronto and University of Georgia, USA. Prior to 2015, before she decided to dedicate herself to teaching, she proudly supervised a number of talented MSc and PhD students. She is also a certified Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario. Working in both industry and academia, she realized that computer science and engineering education requires more attention - This inspired her to carry out research in Computer Science/Engineering Education and Human Computer Interaction, where these two areas converge. Besides CE and HCI research, she is also interested in Applied Data Mining. Her work has been published in the prestigious ACM and IEEE conferences and journals.
- STEM Education
- Human Computer Interaction
- Applied Data Mining
- Brian Harrington, Jingyiran Li, Mohamed Moustafa, Marzieh Ahmadzadeh, Nick Cheng, On the Effect of Question Ordering on Performance and Confidence in computer Science Examinations, SIGCSE 2019
- Sajad Homayoun, Ali Dehghantanha, Marzieh Ahmadzadeh, Sattar Hashemi, Raouf Khayami, Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo, David Ellis Newton: DRTHIS: Deep ransomware threat hunting and intelligence system at the fog layer. Future Generation Comp. Syst. (2019)
- Miri R., S., Ahmadzadeh, M. Extracting Predictor Variables to Construct Breast Cancer Survivability Model with Class Imbalance Problem. Journal of AI and Data Mining. 6. 263-276. 10.22044/JADM.2017.5061.1609, 2018.
- Homayoun, S., Dehghantanha, M., Ahmadzadeh, M., Hashemei, S., Khayami, R., Know Abnormal, Find Evil: Frequent Pattern Mining for Ransomware Threat Hunting and Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2017
- Namvar, S., Ahmadzadeh, M., “A Dynamic Flooding Attack Detection System Based on Different Classification Techniques and Using SNMP MIB Data”, International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security, Volume 2, Issue 9, 2014.
- Hajizadeh, N., Ahmadzadeh, M., “Analysis of Factors that Affect Students’ Academic Performance - Data Mining Approach”, International Journal of Advanced Studies in Computer Science and Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 8, 2014.
- Mahzari, A., Ahmadzadeh, M., “Finding Gender Preferences in E-commerce website Design by an experimental Approach”, International Journal of Applied Inforamtion System, Volume 5, No.2, January 2013.
- Sanders, K., Ahmadzadeh, M., Clear, T., Edwards , S.H., Goldweber , M., Johnson. C., Lister, R., McCartney, R., Patitsas, E., Spacco, J., “The Canterbury QuestionBank: building a repository of multiple-choice CS1 and CS2 questions”, ITiCSE -WGR 2013
- Ahmadzadeh, M., Mahmoudabadi, E., Khodadadi, F., “Pattern of Plagiarism in Novice Students Generated Programs: An Experimental Approach”, The Journal of Information Technology Education, Volume 10,2011.
- Ahmadzadeh, M., Namvar, S., Solatani, M., “JavaMarker: A Marking System for Java Programs”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 20– No.2, April 2011.
- Ahmadzadeh, M., Elliman D., and Higgins C. “The Impact of Improving Debugging Skill on Programming Ability”, ACM ITALICS 2007
- Ahmadzadeh, M., Elliman D., and Higgins C. "An Analysis of Patterns of Debugging Among Novice Computer Science Students". SIGCSE Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Education, 2005.