Our team of advisors at the Lassonde Student Welcome & Support Centre is committed to providing Lassonde students with the advice you need as students in a professional School. Advising helps you to make informed and thoughtful decisions about your academic pathway as you progress through the Lassonde School of Engineering.
Academic Advising Services
Stay connected and meet with an Academic Advisor. We're here to help! You can access advising in the following ways:
Drop-In Advising Hours
For quick and general advising questions that can be answered within 5 to 10 minutes, visit 105 Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence for a drop-in session.
Extended drop-in - September:
- Monday September 3 to Thursday September 5: 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Friday September 6: 9:30am to 4pm
- Monday September 9 to Thursday September 12: 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Friday September 13: 9:30am to 4pm
- Monday September 16th - Friday, September 20th 9:30am to 4pm
Drop-in Advising Hours (beginning Monday September 23, 2019):
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 1pm to 4pm
There will be no drop-in on Monday October 21, 2019.
Sign up for drop-in or view the current wait times using QLess. QLess is a tool which allows students to wait where they want, how they want.
Ways to join the line:
- Download the QLess app via your smartphone
- Text: Lassonde to (647)492-8395
- Visit our virtual kiosk
- Join at our on-site kiosk at the Welcome desk in BRG
Once you have joined the line, you will receive real time text messages to provide you updates. This allows you to wait where you want, how you want.
Pop-Up Advising Fairs
The York University Academic Advising community will host pop-up advising fairs throughout the Fall and Winter terms. Pop-up advising fairs are a great opportunity to connect with your Lassonde Academic Advising team with any questions you may have and/or connect with an Academic Advisor from another Faculty. Pop-up advising fairs will be held:
- September 30th and October 1st: 10am to 3pm (Lassonde Building Lobby)
- November 4th and November 5th: 10am to 3pm (location to be confirmed)
- January 29th and January 30th: 10am to 3pm (location to be confirmed)
- March 4th and March 5th: 10am to 3pm (location to be confirmed)
Please contact the Student Welcome and Support Centre and let us know the nature of your questions or concerns. We'll assess what you need and arrange an appointment as necessary!
- 105 Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence (click here for hours of operation)
If you need an answer quickly, you can always attend a drop-in session. Details above.
Informal Degree Review Appointments
During peak periods (e.g., May to September), informal degree review appointments may not be available. Please feel free to prepare your own self-audit and connect with an advisor via e-mail or during drop-in to ask any questions about your self-audit.
Meet with an Advisor to review your degree progress and explore if you are on track to graduate.
- Must be booked two weeks in advance.
- Typically done for upper year students (3rd or 4th year).
- Prior to the appointment, students are asked to complete their own degree review and bring the results with them to the appointment.
- Computer Science, Computer Security, Digital Media, Earth and Atmospheric Science and Engineering students are encouraged to utilize the online self-serve Degree Progress Report instead of arranging an appointment. You are welcome to visit us during drop-in hours if you have follow-up questions based on your report.
- Click here to request an informal degree review appointment.
If you are in your final session of study, don't forget to apply to graduate!
You can also complete this form if you would like the DPR to be updated to reflect your transfer credits or course credit equivalencies.
Prefer e-mail? E-mail us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We check our e-mails every day.
During peak periods (e.g., the beginning of a new term) you will experience delays to our e-mail response times. During peak periods, if your question is urgent, we recommend that you come visit us in-person during our extended drop-in hours.
Chat with an Advisor – Online drop-in!
Have a quick question for an advisor? Can't make it to drop-in?
We'd love to chat! Join in on a live web chat with one of your Academic Advisors. These sessions are great for quick, general academic advising questions. Stay for as little or as long as you like!
Wednesdays 9am to 10am
Login at connect.yulearn.yorku.ca/lassondeadvising/ to join the chat!